Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Mysterious Kelvin Smith (part 1)- The Hook

Editor's note: This section covers the very first emails, where the connection was made, and my open nature was limited and Kelvin decided to not relate to it. 

From: KELVIN SMITH
Date: Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:21 PM
Subject: INVESTMENT IN YOUR COUNTRY!!!
To:


Attn: Sir/Madam,

REQUESTING A DISCREET BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

I am a freelance, independent investment broker based here in Britain.Due to my privileged African background,I have been consulted by an erstwhile top-ranking member of a front line liberation movement in Liberia,whose organization had engaged the Liberian government in a protracted civil war since 1985.My client now wishes to channel $20 million into productive or real estate ventures instead of war.

He looks to make this investment discreetly under discretionary asset management arrangement.I am seeking a reliable and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank account or set up a new Bank account to receive this fund, even an empty account can serve this purpose,or you help to seek an honest and, reliable businessman who can assist us.

I have contacted you on the consideration that I could discuss with you on the possibility of my client placing this fund with you for management either in your existing establishment or other venture to be undertaken at your discretion under terms to be agreed upon.He prefers that this investment be made in your country.

would be expecting your response in order that we may discuss further in detail.

Please send your response to my personal email:kelvin_smith_60@yahoo.co.uk

Yours faithfully,

Kelvin Smith



Jonathan Ombudsman to kelvin_smith_60
Jun 6

Dear Mr. Smith,
I would be delighted to help participate in your venture. I discussed it already briefly with my wife Samantha and she is on board as well! We actually have a vested interest in this project succeeding, because our oldest son Immanuel went over in the early 80's to do aid work in Liberia, and when the civil war began he took up arms to defend principles that were quite dear to him. But that's neither here nor there.
Although I am sure that you must be as discreet as possible, is there anything that I could possibly know about your client or the group that he formerly supported?
Please just let me know what information you would like me to provide, and how exactly we can do business. I will sign off with my full legal name, and we can consider that a beginning.
Have a superb weekend!
Jonathan Horatio Ombudsman




kelvin smith to me
Jun 8

Dear Jonathan Horatio Ombudsman,

Thank you for your prompt response.
I can assure you that there are lots of benefits for you after this transaction is over.It is going to be in two transactions,we will start the first transfer with $15,000,000 which you will be getting 10% of the the funds transfered into your account.My client is highly interested in property investment in your country.So If there is no hitches or disappointment from your side after the first transfer is being made,i will instruct the bank manager to direct the remaining funds to your account immediately.

I want you to introduce yourself to me,

(What do you do for a living?Are you married with kids and can you handle the property business for my client in your country without exposing him?),I need an answer from you so that by this week we will start up the transfer of the fifteen million Dollars [$15,000,000] into your account.

What I seek from you ar e :
(1) You partake with me in the transfer of this funds to your account as you would provide a bank account or accounts to safely accommodate the money.

(2) You are to manage the net balance in secured
Property and real estate managment (which you will be in charge of) in your country.

(3) You will further earn a 20% of the accrued profit on resultant investment of my clients funds.

(4) Provide me your full names, the nature of your business, and your private telephone and fax number.

I will like to seek your opinion asking you if you can travel to London for documentations covering you as the beneficiary of the funds or more so i can arrange for a lawyer in London to stand in as your legal representative and have him prepare the transfer document in your name and contact the bank in London where the funds are deposited on your behalf

I will forward over to you some document which you wi ll send to the lawyer to enable him contact the BANK in London where funds are deposited if you insist that the option of the lawyer should be used.


Yours faithfully,
Kelvin Smith




from: kelvin smith

to: j.ombud@gmail.com
date: Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 10:42 AM
subject: Acknowledgement

Jun 8

Dear Jonathan Horatio Ombudsman,

Thank you for your prompt response.
I can assure you that there are lots of benefits for you after this transaction is over.It is going to be in two transactions,we will start the first transfer with $15,000,000 which you will be getting 10% of the the funds transfered into your account.My client is highly interested in property investment in your country.So If there is no hitches or disappointment from your side after the first transfer is being made,i will instruct the bank manager to direct the remaining funds to your account immediately.

I want you to introduce yourself to me,

(What do you do for a living?Are you married with kids and can you handle the property business for my client in your country without exposing him?),I need an answer from you so that by this week we will start up the transfer of the fifteen million Dollars [$15,000,000] into your account.

What I seek from you ar e :
(1) You partake with me in the transfer of this funds to your account as you would provide a bank account or accounts to safely accommodate the money.

(2) You are to manage the net balance in secured
Property and real estate managment (which you will be in charge of) in your country.

(3) You will further earn a 20% of the accrued profit on resultant investment of my clients funds.

(4) Provide me your full names, the nature of your business, and your private telephone and fax number.

I will like to seek your opinion asking you if you can travel to London for documentations covering you as the beneficiary of the funds or more so i can arrange for a lawyer in London to stand in as your legal representative and have him prepare the transfer document in your name and contact the bank in London where the funds are deposited on your behalf

I will forward over to you some document which you wi ll send to the lawyer to enable him contact the BANK in London where funds are deposited if you insist that the option of the lawyer should be used.


Yours faithfully,
Kelvin Smith


Editor's note: And thus began Kelvin's custom of sending me multiple e-mails- sometimes completely identical, sometimes slightly different.





from: Jonathan Ombudsman
to: kelvin smith

date: Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 11:16 PM
subject: Re: Acknowledgement

Jun 14


Dear Mr. Smith,
I am sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to your original letter. I have quite a backlog here at work. To answer your questions, I am semi-retired real estate agent, age 65. I live with my wife Samantha in Manchester. We have three wonderful children- 1) Albert, who (as I mentioned in my previous letter) served in Liberia for some time 2) Leslie, currently married with two children and 3) Robert- he's still trying to find his way.
I definitely will be able to handle the real estate investments in a professional and discrete manner- it is the manner in which I was trained. What sort of properties is your client looking to buy? Large estates? Condominiums? Shopping Centres? I need information as soon as possible so as to start working with my network of resources (we may have to go a bit slower so that no one catches on to what we're doing, if you know what I mean).
As regards to the information that you request my full name (as I have mentioned before) is Jonathan Horatio Ombudsman, and I used to work Manchester Mansion Realty (now bankrupt, but through no fault of mine), but now am self-employed in my new semi-retired state.
I also have a few queries that I wonder if perhaps you could respond to. Will the money transfer be made all at once? Not to get pushy, but I was wondering how much of it I will be able to keep as commission in the end? Also, I would really like to give some of my share to you, for putting me in touch with your contact. I was thinking of giving you around 20 percent or so. Do you think that's reasonable?
Have a splendid night,
Jonathan Ombudsman
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"



from: kelvin smith
to: Jonathan Ombudsman

date: Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM
subject: Re: Acknowledgement

Jun 16


Dear Ombudsman,
I have gone through your mail and appreciate your interest and idea towards the succesful of this transaction.

My client will be interested in Large estates,Shopping Centres and any lucreative business that will be supervised under you.I could understand that you have got experience in good investment. This is the reason why we want to work with you.

I need your details so that i can start with the paper work to enable you contact the paying bank for the release of funds. I need to give you a Power Of Attorney and the Certificate Of Deposit to give you full legal right to carry on this project on my clients behalf.

I need your direct telephone and fax numbers including your home/office address in order to secure documents with your righful details.

As soon as all the releasing documents are ready, i will forward to you along with the bank contact.
Waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Kelvin Smith.

Editor's note: Phone line? Looks like he's interested!

No comments: